Multiple Choices
This week our class got our practice Advanced Placement multiple choice reading tests back. We had taken them about a week prior and I was feeling pretty good about my results - even though I didn’t even get a chance to answer all the questions. I felt good about them for a reason. I have been working on this skill even since I got my eleventh grade PSAT score back, as one place where I was really lacking was the reading section. I uploaded my scores to Khan Academy and they gave me a useful course and set of practices to work on this skill and improve. Sitting down and doing these questions every once in a while when I had some spare time really seemed to improve my skills. It is an easy to use system, that in a weird way is kind of fun. I just recently took the real-deal SAT and I was much more confident in my answers in the reading section, and (knock on wood) I think I did pretty well. I think this can also be reflected in my previously mentioned improved AP reading questions practice. I did a lot better than any other time I have done something similar, and I would credit that to my practice in Khan Academy. Although, one area that could still be improved is time management. I didn’t get to answer the last eight questions, but rather than just leaving them all blank I filled in choice “C” and got three of the eight correct. Just a little “pro-tip” to leave you with.
Comments
Post a Comment